Finance issues often take an overwhelming precedence when a relationship breaks down, particularly if there were money problems before. This can put separating couples under a lot of pressure at a time when they’re already feeling vulnerable. Divorce Financial Planner have worked with separating and divorcing couples for over a decade and have assisted hundreds of separating couples to come to informed financial agreements. We are experts in how superannuation is split when couples separate.
We make it easier for you to sort out your finances, allowing you to move on with your life with a sense of clarity and confidence.
Some of the things we can help with include:
- preparing a budget
- working out what financial resources you’ll need before your property settlement is finalised
- valuing superannuation and helping you understand how it can be shared
- identifying any Centrelink entitlements that you’re eligible for and assisting you to complete the application process
- organising the financial documents you’ll need to provide to your lawyer
- referring you to other practioners as necessary, such as counsellors, psychologists, child specialists lawyers, real estate valuers, mortgage brokers and buyers’ advocates.
Coming to a financial agreement is one of the most important decisions you will have to make when separating. We understand how stressful it can be to negotiate your settlement when your financial future is uncertain. Divorce Financial Planner have assisted hundreds of people to work through the financial issues they face at this time. It is our experience that fear of financial matters can cause lengthy and costly delays in family law matters.
We work with you and your lawyer to explore potential settlement options. We help you understand the short-term and long-term outcomes of your financial agreement to give you the confidence to reach an agreement that is appropriate for you in the shortest time possible.